Thursday, June 4, 2009

Robin's Birthday



June 1 was Robin's 28th birthday, but we didn't have the official celebration until June 2. The kids (and Brent) played on the slip and slide and in the sprinklers for awhile and then we came in to eat tacos and have cake.

Carlee took off as soon as she noticed the cake was on fire...well, not really, just one candle...she didn't like it when the candles were lit on her birthday cake a couple of weeks ago either. She kept an eye on us from across the room until Robin blew the candle out and then she rejoined us. Carlee really likes to eat and spent more time at the table than anyone else. When she was all done with her cake she picked up the plate and worked on licking off any icing that had been left behind!

Chad wasn't able to be here as he's working down south this week. He did take Robin to Houston for dinner at Pappas Grill on Monday, though.

I have a video of Gage with a hula hoop on the Garner blog...well, not yet, but soon. I need to apologize...somehow I changed a setting on the camera and about 10 pictures were pretty unfocused and blurry. The video is one of them, but think it's funny, so I'm using it anyway. Most of the still shots had to be deleted. It's so annoying when that happens, especially annoying that I don't notice it sooner and take steps to fix it!

The slip and slide video is on the Bubela blog...or it will be in a day or two. Brent started sliding to show Gage how to slide into base...a great (and fun) way to learn I think.

Robin wasn't the only one celebrating a birthday on Monday. It was Virgie's birthday, too. I haven't called her yet...I hope she got my card!

No comments: