I needed to mow and I needed to do it this morning. I cranked up the mower about 10:30 and got started cutting grass that hasn't been cut for quite a while...a couple of weeks, at least. It rained all last week and the grass responded predictably, happily growing several inches.
I set the blade at 4", thinking that I wouldn't wait two weeks to mow again. That way it won't have grown so much and I can move the blade lower, to 3 1/2". It took a little over an hour to finish, but it didn't take that long to decide I'm not mowing again anytime soon. Geez! It wasn't that it was that hot...well, it was...but, the humidity was what got me. The combination of the humidity and my sunglasses slipping down my nose made me think of waterboarding. As in feeling like you're drowning even though you're not. Self-waterboarding is pretty easy to accomplish here in this part of the country at this time of year. I don't recommend it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment