I don't know what I'm doing posting at this particular time. In an hour and a half I need to be ready to leave the house to attend my 4th wedding in three weeks. Yes, you heard me...the 4th! Me, who generally moans and groans for weeks prior to actually attending.
I slept late this morning as I've been busy building a virtual aquarium in Oceanis, a free game Shockwave allowed me to download as thanks for being a good customer. That means I've been staying up even later than usual...3 AM on Thursday night...about 1:30 or 2 AM last night. I don't know why Shockwave has designated me as a good customer. It's not like I go to their store and buy stuff. It's just a program that the computer uses. Anyway, the game is very similar to the Sims games...and I like those kinds of games...me, the puppetmaster, ruling their universe! Heh! Heh! Heh! My 1st aquarium is doing very well and I'm thinking I might start a new one, now that I kind of know what I'm doing.
This week we have been to four baseball games, I think. Gage had two...the end of season tournament is going on. His team, the Cardinals have won both of their tournament games and are still in the winner's bracket. Zane and Kate each had a game earlier in the week.
Dot's fellow teachers threw a retirement party for her and our Girl's Night Out group attended that party and then moved on (the 1/2 block) to Dot's house with our covered dishes to have our dinner there. And to ooh and aah over the (finally) completed remodeling of their house. Absolutely beautiful. They did a number of things, but the kitchen was the real target...and it all turned out wonderfully. Charles was there with two year old Lainey, who charmed us all, and Susan came without her six-week old (or something like that) twins, Elle and Grant. It was great visiting with them.
Tomorrow we have Carlee's official birthday party, a birthday party for an old guy (as opposed to a child), and Gage's piano recital. He had his piano Guild audition this past Wednesday and did an awesome job! His music teacher emailed Wendy that Gage had scored the highest of all the students in her studio. He lacked one point (I think she said) of receiving the Top Talent score. Super good job, Gage!
Oh...and as a a personal achievement...the Wii Plus has pronounced me NORMAL. Remember when I started on my diet in January and the Wii Plus stunned me by calling me OBESE? Well, I have now lost 30 pounds and my BMI is down about 6 points. Normal...normal...normal!!! I'm still about 20 pounds over my "ideal" weight by the Wii Plus standard. But, you know how that goes...I look so much better than I did in January, I'm telling myself I look fabulous. And myself is listening, totally ignoring the fact that I am still 20 pounds heavier than I probably should be. I would be happy to lose about 10 more pounds...but, I don't know how much longer I can sustain this healthy eating lifestyle. I had a cheese sandwich after getting home from one of the ballgames. It was wonderful! I almost had chips with it, but decided that was going too far.
And speaking of food, it's time to go have lunch so I don't get to the reception starving to death.
1 comment:
Congrats on the weight loss!! And have fun at the wedding . . . .
Post a Comment