Well, it's just too bad you didn't get a look at my feet 10 minutes ago. My polish was all chipped and coming off last week, so I removed it. Then I bought a bottle of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish. After several days of looking at my plain old toes, I decided to apply the polish. While sitting in my recliner. Watching television.
I shook up the polish and pulled out the applicator. The moment the brush touched my toenail of my right big toe, all the polish flowed down and pooled all over the toe. Luckily I had the good sense to have some tissues handy and was able to finish smearing the polish on that one toe and get the brush back in the bottle before it dripped on anything else. It had started getting a little messy.
Being more careful to scrape excess polish off the brush, I was able to do the rest of the toes on that foot without making the mess I had created on the big toe. I tried using my thumbnails to clean around the cuticle...like Timinka does...but only succeeded in getting polish on my fingers as well. I discovered that I was operating under a severe handicap...I was short a hand. Two hands is not enough. Using one hand for the brush and the other hand to hold my foot in position, I found I needed that third hand to manipulate the individual toes, which were not cooperative at all. Thank goodness the polish really was quick drying or I would have had almost as much polish on the bottom of my toes as I had on the top.
Applying polish to the left foot went better since I had learned lessons on the practice foot. Still, I have one nail that only got polish on 2/3 of it. It's such a small nail, though, that I decided it wasn't worth the effort to go back to it for that 1/3. Really, I think I did a better job than a four year old would, but maybe not as good as a six year old. There was polish all over my fingers and toes. After cleaning them up a bit with polish remover, though, they look pretty good.
Luckily, I can't see something that small from 5 feet away...the distance between my eyes and my toes, so it's O-kay!
Update: I was just rubbing HeelTastic on the bottom of my feet and found nail polish under my right big toe. It made me laugh!
1 comment:
Our failing eyesight does have its advantages, as long as everyone else is suffering from the same ailment.
Word verification: zingur
Definition: comment twice as forceful as a zinger; French origin (accent on the second syllable), and you know what caustic wit those French have, oui!
Post a Comment