So, the photo below shows the state of gifts at our house. Everything has been wrapped, with names written in Sharpie on the bottom of the package, but no ribbons, bows, or nametags have been applied.
Instead of doing the fancifying (ribbons, bows, nametags), I watched a movie I had recorded some months ago. Then I took a shower and washed my hair. When I came downstairs Wayne suggested we go out to eat dinner "since we didn't have anything we needed to do." I declined the dinner invitation, listing the fancifying that still needed to be done (or not...who cares?) And he offered to help...big surprise as he's never helped with any of that before. I'll take him up on it if he ever remembers that he offered. At the time he was watching the Cowboys on television. (They must have been losing because he's only interested in watching them lose.)
Meanwhile, I started to make a pecan pie to take to Wendy and Kelly's tomorrow. They invited us to eat dinner with them. I had just gotten the crust in the pie plate when there was a knock on the door. A neighbor, Raul, came with tamales right out of the pot to sell us. I had been wondering where he was, because he usually comes earlier than Christmas Eve. I was glad to see him, but due to a lack of freezer space, could only take three dozen. He went to his truck to get the tamales while Wayne and I scrounged up the money, including quarters, to pay him. Wayne opened one of the packages of tamales and we ate the whole dozen in just a few minutes. They were excellent! Wayne put his on a plate, but I ate mine over the trash can, washing them down with a can of beer.
I finished making the pie and it's in the oven now...so, I thought this would be a good time to get this post done. Now, I need to log onto NORAD to see where Santa Claus is right now. I hope the link works...my connection is a bit slow at the moment and I wasn't able to test it.
Merry Christmas!
2 comments:
Oh fresh tamales! We thought about buying them from our local Tex-Mex place but opted for gumbo and remoulade instead.
Merry Christmas to you all!
They were sooo good! I almost immediately (since we scarfed down the 1st dozen so quickly) wished I had bought a couple of dozen more. Probably for the best.
Loved your card and the key to the pictures!
Post a Comment