Monday, July 23, 2012

S.I.L.I. (Signs I'm Losing It)

You can pronounce that "silly".  I thought I would start chronicling my lapses so that my family could look back and say, "Oh, THAT'S when the onset of dementia started!"

  • At least four times in the last couple of months I have put my top on backwards. 
  • A few days ago I forgot I was already dressed and started to put my underwear on over my pants.
  • Twice in the last week or so, I have forgotten the order of events in the shower.
I'm just going to ignore that first one.  Surely everyone does that occasionally...although several times in a few weeks strikes me as excessive.

The second one was odd, I'll admit.  Even odder, I sat down in a chair to do it.  But, to my credit, I noticed almost immediately that I was already dressed.  I laughed about it then and am still laughing.  Hmmm.

About the shower...here's the order of events:  wash my hair, first with a really sudsy shampoo then with the shampoo to make it shiny, rinsing after each shampoo.  Then, apply conditioner, work it in and let it stay while I wash myself.  Rinse off body and conditioner.  Exit shower.

The first time I did it wrong I forgot to apply the conditioner and went straight to washing myself.  When I was ready to rinse I remembered about the conditioner, so I applied it then.  Then I needed to find something to do in the shower for the couple of minutes the conditioner needed to do its magic.  So, I grabbed the razor.  Then I rinsed my body, exited the shower, dressed and then dried my hair.  But, I noticed that my hair didn't feel clean.  Even after drying it felt heavy and...just wrong.  Later in the day I realized that I probably had forgotten to rinse the conditioner out of it.

This morning I mowed the yard and immediately afterwards took a shower and washed my hair.  I did the two shampoos and then started washing my body.  Halfway through that process, I retraced my steps and said to myself, "Hold on...I don't think I put the conditioner on."  I felt my hair and realized that I hadn't even rinsed the second shampoo out!  Geez!!!  So, again.  Rinse hair, apply conditioner and find something to do.  Grab the razor, etc.  This time, however, I did remember to rinse the conditioner out. 

I haven't noticed anything else very odd about my behavior.  I hope this is as weird as I get.

No comments: