Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yes, we are seniors!

Today's meeting of the Girl's Night Out group was at Scheller's in Glen Flora.  We all love going to Scheller's -- there's just a friendly vibe and comfy feel there.  Not to mention giant containers of BlueBell ice cream that is hard to resist for dessert!

Dee picked me up and we arrived a few minutes after the car full of passengers that Dot brought.  I walked the 10 steps or so from the car to drop an envelope into the box outside the post office next door.  How handy!

Walking in, we spotted and then stopped and visited with Marilyn, a former county agent who has written Scout, the Dog Who Saved the Nutcracker and several other children's books.  A couple of tables past Marilyn we came to our table.  This week there were seven of us present. 

After almost two hours of visiting, ordering, eating and more visiting, we finally got up to go.  Dee walked around and opened the passenger door on the driver's side to place her purse on the seat.  At the same time I opened the front passenger door.  I stood staring at the floorboard and asked Dee, "Was this dog dish in here when you picked me up?"  I vaguely heard Dee say, "When did I buy these?"  Then I said, "Is this your car?"  And that's when we realized it wasn't.

Of course, we both burst into laughter and had to tell Dot's group what we did.  Dee said she thought it was Marilyn's car, so we went back in to tell her about it.  We burst into laughter again as we backed out a few minutes later.  Dee said, "It's not even the same color as mine!"

Yes, we are seniors!

No comments: