Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow Day

Snow had been predicted all week, but being the cynic I am, I declared that I would "believe it when I see it!" I think my cynicism might be a defense mechanism...if I expect to be disappointed, I can't be disappointed...if you get my drift (pun not intended.)

So, it was lovely to get up Friday morning to snow falling in south Texas, again. Un-freaking-believable! It snowed all day long; much of the time quite hard! By mid-afternoon it had slowed quite a bit; I guess we had about an inch or two that covered most areas.

Early (well, 9 or so) in the morning




About 11 AM, looking out toward the road



Still 11 AM



The Garners' snowmen about 5 PM



5 PM in front of the Garner home



This standing water shows how much rain we have had recently



Kelly and Gage have a small fort built. You can barely see it at the left.



If you're into dull, you can listen to my lame commentary.


No comments: