Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2009 Taxes...Done!

You wouldn't know this since I haven't posted in a few days, but I have finished my tax return organizer and have taken it to the accountant.  Not only that, at the same time I took the tax info for two other entities to him and have already gotten those two back, checked them, signed them and sent out K-1's, etc. to everyone who was supposed to receive them.  The two returns are waiting to be mailed...I hope I don't bury them under a paper stalagmite and then forget them.  But, no!  I won't let my good work arrive at the IRS late.  The returns have been moved to a new area and are now ready to be addressed and mailed. 

For decades I would procrastinate for three months before finally getting to work on the taxes just before the accountant's deadline.  Now, for the past two years I have done them as quickly as I could, and it feels really wonderful!  I would have them to the accountant sooner if I didn't have to wait for the 1099's to check against my figures.  Try it...you'll really like it!

No comments: