Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Wonderful App

You know that the kids gave me a Kindle for Christmas. I really, really am enjoying it. Today, I discovered something that makes it even better. An iphone app that syncs to the Kindle! Okay, maybe you already knew that...but, I didn't.

I was perusing the Kindle User's Guide and saw something about the device syncing to the iphone. So, I searched the app store on my phone for "Kindle" and found it. And it's FREE! As it happened, I was reading a book on my Kindle while sitting with Jax, who was napping. Carolyn had gone into town to eat lunch with Kate at school. The app downloaded to my phone in just a few minutes. I had turned off the Kindle and when I opened the app on my phone, the two devices synced and I was able to continue reading the novel (on my phone) exactly where I had left off on the Kindle. When I got home, I turned on the Kindle and it synced to where I had left off on my phone.

When I'm away from home, I can now read (instead of playing a game) without having either a book or the Kindle with me! I'm ecstatic! Super, super app. And it's FREE!

No comments: