Thursday, January 19, 2012

Super-productive

I have been super productive today. Well, "super" might not actually apply, I have been productive...certainly, more so than my usual self.  I set my alarm for 7:30 because Carolyn and I had appointments for facials at 10:30 this morning.

In preparation for being in the proximity of Lowes, I placed items in the car to be returned/exchanged there yesterday.  I ate my usual good breakfast this morning, cleaned up the kitchen and by a little before 9 o'clock I headed upstairs to get ready to leave.

While I hadn't heard from Carolyn about what time we were leaving, which was a bit unusual, I thought "We've done this so many times we don't really need to talk about it".  Suddenly, it occurred to me, though, that maybe our appointment is at 10 instead of 10:30, so I picked up my phone and opened the calendar. Just about the time the calendar opened, I thought to myself, "Wait a minute...maybe that appointment is next week."  And...of course it is.

I called Carolyn and confirmed that the appointment is not today and that was when I started getting productive.

  • I've washed, dried and put away four loads of laundry
  • I put away the remains of Zane spending the night with us a couple of weeks ago.
  • I've made my bed with freshly laundered sheets.
  • I did a sewing repair on a pair of shorts
  • I put away a number of items that were in the wrong places
Now I'm in desperate need of a cup of coffee and maybe a slice of the beer bread that I made last night.

I also need to remove the items there were going to Lowe's from the car. Dee and I are going to Austin on Saturday and we are taking my car. Hopefully, I will remember to put them back in the car when we actually do go get our facials next week.

Yay, me!  Although....looking at my accomplishments, I'm sure that "super" isn't necessary.  Just plain "productive" will do.

1 comment:

Ceecee said...

Hey, you set your alarm, so that already qualifies for super.

Word verification: eybbi
Definition: plural of a bright bray from Eeyore; singular eybbus; example "We haven't had an earthquake lately."