Tuesday, April 10, 2012

From Houston to Jekyll Island

This morning Dee woke up with a very puffy area on the inside corner of her eye. It really bothered her...I thought she was going to need an eye patch to hide it from view even though I kept trying to reassure her that unless she pointed it out, no one else would notice it. I kept offering to lance it for her, but she declined...and thank goodness for that as we had a fairly bumpy ride most of the way.

A driver met us at the airport and drove us to Jekyll Island, about an hour from the Jacksonville airport. We will stay here at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel for three nights. We're on our own for tonight and Wednesday night. On Thursday we meet the rest of the tour group and then have dinner with them. The actual tour will begin on Thursday morning.

There are a few photos of our afternoon somewhere in this post. The photo of Wanda, Carole, and Dee busily photographing in all different directions is a favorite of mine, so far. I'm sure there will be more.

No comments: