Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Walkabout on Jekyll Island

This was our first full day at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel. We have lovely rooms in this old, elegant hotel. You can probably google it to find out about the history. It's too late and I'm too tired to spend much time typing that on my phone for you!

But, from a brochure, "Founded in 1886, the original Jekyll Island Club was a private retreat for a select group of America's wealthiest families. A number of them built spacious "cottages," some of which now make up the Jekyll Island Club Hotel. 

Wanda, Dee, and Carole posed for me as we began our walk around the hotel property. 

Magnificent, moss hung trees are every where you look. It really is beautiful here. 

One of our stops on the property was the Georgia Sea Turtle Center. You can visit the website at: http://georgiaseaturtlecenter.org



We visited a number of shops while walking about the property. I think Wanda and Dee plan to ride bikes in the morning. I think Carole and I do not plan to participate in that activity.  

No comments: