Monday, September 8, 2014

A thought or two about pants

I had walked about halfway down the driveway to the mailbox this morning, when I suddenly thought, "WAIT!  Do I have my pants on?"

I actually thought it with "wait" in caps and an exclamation point at the end.

Of course, then I started laughing, although I tried to stifle it.  After all, I was nearly to the road and any driver passing by would wonder why a solitary woman would be laughing.  They might think I had gone around the bend.  I stifled my laughter most of the way to the mailbox, but allowed myself a few giggles when my back was to the road.

Why would such a thought enter my head?  I didn't even look down to make sure; I knew I had my pants on.  I don't even leave my bedroom without being dressed for the day -- in a scrub top and comfortable pants.  (Of course, there was that time I drove to work all dressed except for the red plaid flannel pajama pants I forgot to change from.)

My next thought was, "Maybe my everyday pants are TOO comfortable." 

No comments: