I went to the soccer game with Kelly and the boys this morning. Wendy was getting a haircut, so I was in charge of Zane. He stayed on the beach towel with me for most of the game. Robin, Carolyn & Kate arrived after the 2nd half had started. Zane drank lots of water and Kate stepped on my hand twice. The second time, she almost did a flip, but as usual she bounced up just like Mary Katherine on Saturday Night Life. She almost never cries when she falls down or runs into a wall or whatever. Tough as she can be. But she will fall apart if you hurt her feelings. She shared her goldfish snack with Zane and then the game was over and we loaded up. I stayed at their house just long enough to read a book to them while Kelly made their lunch.
Mid-afternoon I went to the little house where Robin was priming and painting some molding. We looked at the living room wood floor that she and Wayne had sanded and stained and sealed. She said she's going to put two more coats of the polyurethane on. That room is nearly complete. Still plenty of work to do...
Headed back to Wendy's where they were getting ready to go to Zane's friend Stephanie's birthday party. So, I didn't stay there long. I left about the time Gage pulled Zane into the living room by his legs. Zane liked it.
My final stop was at Carolyn's. As I drove up, I could see Kate rounding the corner of the house on her big wheel. I sat outside and watched her get out two more riding toys and move them around to different spots. Carolyn came out and Kate kept us entertained. It was like musical chairs, anytime one of us got up, Kate would rush to claim that particular chair. I had my camera with me, so I took a few shots and then switched it to video mode. Luckily for me, I was taking her picture when she rode under a speaker and her go-go gene kicked in. During her dance she saw Brent and acknowledged him with "Daddy!"and a brief gesture, barely missing a beat in her dance. After a while, her dance ended as suddenly as it had begun. She yelled, "Yay!" and then arranged herself back on the big wheel. Enjoy the video clip, if I can get it uploaded here.
1 comment:
Her hair is getting long! She's a cutie, but who does she get her dance moves from???
Post a Comment