Thursday, November 1, 2007

11-1 Update on Wayne



At last, we're going home! I asked Wayne how he was feeling and the video in this blog was his answer. Don't worry, he's not going to give up his day job...I don't think lip-synching is one of his talents.

He's still finding it difficult to eat...nothing tastes right to him, plus he doesn't have any appetite at all. For lunch today, he ordered a hot dog, with chili on the side and cheetos. The size of the wiener was a little intimidating, as you can see in the photo. Well, I'm trying to add the photo...so far, I'm not having any luck. If you see it, I got lucky.

He does seem to have a bit more energy. Of course, the bar hasn't been set too high over the last week. I think he's ready to go home, though, to begin this new chapter. Thank you to all of our family and friends for the care and concern that you have shown. Thank you for the prayers, the visits, the
phone calls, the flowers and cards. Your support has made a big difference and we'll never forget it.

I'll try to update again tomorrow to let you know how the transfer from hospital to home goes.

3 comments:

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Glad to hear Wayne is going home!!! Sing it again Wayne!! I pray all goes well.

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo glad you're going to keep your day job!! All kidding aside, it is wonderful to see Wayne looking so well and ready to go home 'cause "there's no place like home"! We love and continue to pray for you both!