Friday, November 9, 2007

11-9 Update on Wayne

Wayne is greatly improved from a week ago, but is still taking it very easy. He has walked to the office from our house on a couple of days. He has done seed sales work there for several hours and then he walks home. One day he had just under a mile on the pedometer. Then the next day he had about half of that. The doctor had told us that he would have good days and the occasional bad day. These bad days, however, are so much better than the days in the hospital that they hardly qualify as bad days...just days when he does less walking and spends more time in bed. A friend picked him up yesterday and took him to lunch, and another one did the same today.

Probably the thing that is the most difficult, especially at night, is that he can't get more than 2-3 hours of sleep at a time. He has to get up and empty the pouch that frequently. Tonight he wants to hook the pouch to a bottle or bag (made for this purpose) so he can get more continuous sleep.

I really don't have to do that much for him at this point, so my failure to blog (or do much of anything else) has less to do with him and more to do with trying to get on track again. I'm not that motivated to clean house or do mundane chores at the best of times, but I usually manage to get it done. For the past few weeks my "schedule" has been interrupted and I am having some difficulties getting myself focused. I just have to make myself some new rules and stick to them. I have to do that periodically and it usually helps get me going in the right direction again. I really need to do it.....NOW!

Thanks, once again, to all of you for your support. It has made this very difficult transition a little easier.

No comments: