Recently, in an email to a friend, I remarked that I needed to work on my "schedule." By that I meant I needed to think about inserting blocks of time for a little housework, some exercise, and sorting through and dealing with 44 years worth of stuff.
After I sent the email, I finished the set group of puzzles that I do at Jigzone.com almost every day. Then I loaded the car with the recyclable stuff that I intend to deliver when I go into town today. After that, I loaded the few dishes from lunch into the dishwasher. I then headed upstairs to get ready for my trip to town which was going to include dinner with girlfriends...a once a week event that we have been doing for nearly 11 1/2 years.
I was still thinking about my daily (well, Monday through Friday) routine and going through the activities in my head:
* Sleep till at least 8, if at all possible
* Weigh in on Wii Fit and do the body test (haven't done yoga or exercise for several months...no time in the schedule)
* Prepare and eat my breakfast (same menu most mornings)
* Read the paper and work puzzles while I eat breakfast...this takes about an hour
* Hand wash some dishes, place others in dishwasher
There is a block of time that starts here and ends about lunch time that I can't account for. I'm not sure what happens...possibly I'm abducted by aliens.
Really...I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I do. Wayne does his laundry, so it's not that. I rarely sweep, vacuum or dust, so it's not that. I almost never turn on the television before 5 PM, so it's not that. I'm baffled. Maybe I should keep a log.
Continuing with daily activities that I actually remember:
* Prepare and eat my lunch. Usually nothing special. Continue reading the paper or a novel while I eat.
* Clean up any dishes after lunch. Wayne either makes himself a sandwich or (rarely) asks me to make him something. About 50% of the time he goes out to lunch with friends.
* After lunch I make a cup of coffee (instant) and take it upstairs and read for a while.
* Around 2 or 2:30 I get on the computer and check emails and work some jigsaws on jigzone. This usually takes about an hour.
* Maybe I'll open Quicken and do some bookkeeping about now. Pay some bills, etc.
* About 5 I start thinking about supper and head downstairs to see what I can make with what I've got. The t.v. gets turned on about this time and I usually watch one of the CSI's or NCIS while I'm in dinner mode.
* So, eat...clean up...head to the computer room, maybe.
* By about 9, I'll start watching some of the shows I've recorded. While I watch I often play WordWarp on my iphone (which then means I have to rewind and watch the shows again because I can't spell and follow plots at the same time). By 12:30 or 1, I go to bed.
Well, that's my usual daily grind. Of course, it's flexible thanks to the 2 hour block of time when I'm beamed up to the mothership.
Okay, I was replaying all this in my head and then I actually thought, "and on the weekends I relax." Of course, that made me laugh and I had to come write it down.
No comments:
Post a Comment