Sometimes I wonder if I've gotten a little forgetful. I might be busy in one room and realize that I need something in another room. So, I stride off purposefully. Shortly thereafter, and long before I reach wherever I'm going, I realize I don't know what I'm going after. I always seem to know where I'm going and almost always stop exactly where I should. But, once stopped, I simply stand and stare blankly. Once in a while I actually remember why I'm there, but usually I have to go back to where I started from and take up whatever task I was doing. Then I remember and make a second trip to fetch whatever. I don't think I've ever had to go back twice. If I ever do, it will surely make me laugh and I'll write about it.
I had something else to write about concerning forgetfulness. I think it was a pretty funny story...but I forgot what it was while I was writing the first paragraph. Maybe I'll remember it later.
No comments:
Post a Comment