Saturday, March 14, 2009

336, in case you're interested

According to my calculations there are 215 calories in the shrimp and spinach dish. Add 121 calories for 1/2 cup of white rice and you'll have only 336 calories total. I meant to include this with the recipe, but didn't think about it until I was in bed.

In comparison, Carolyn and I had lunch at Pat-A-Cake in Wharton today and I estimated my calories consumed at 381. I had about 1/4 cup (possibly only 1/8 cup) of the chicken broth they bring with the croutons and water. They didn't bring many of the buttery, crisp croutons, so I'll say I had about 3. I had to look for something comparable to get an idea of the calorie content. I had the sandwich combo, which in this case was 1/2 a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread and a small bowl (probably 2/3 cup or so) of broccoli cheese soup.

My diet is designed to ramp up my metabolism. I remembered today that the reason sugar is not allowed is that it will stop your metabolism flat. At least I think that's what it said. I need to refresh my memory. There are several things I'm not supposed to be including in my diet that I'm still using sparingly...salt, oil, butter, milk products (well, fat-free ant milk...surely that isn't included in the milk category), and a few more. I really need to go read that chapter again.

My chocolate truffle treat should be skipped...but I'm feeling a little stubborn. Don't look for me to give it up anytime soon!

No comments: