I'm getting ticked off at the Houston Chronicle! They have been screwing around with a couple of the sections and it makes me feel out of balance within an hour of getting up in the morning.
First it was the star (entertainment) section...they had already cut out a whole page of daily comics and slightly rearranged the location of the remaining comics in the section, but now they're really driving me crazy. I probably look at only about half of the strips, but I look at them in a certain order. I know, this is really stupid. To make up to the readers for dropping a page of comics, I guess, one page is in color...like the Sunday comics. As it happens, that page has the majority of the strips I follow and it used to be placed at the end, after the comics in black and white. For the past few weeks, I never know which page is going to be first and it really irritates me when it's the color page. I like to read the paper the same way I do a book...start at page 1 and continue page by page until I get to the end. To me, the color strips page is the end and I want to look at it last. Again, I know...it's stupid. I could get used to it if they just would leave it alone, but they keep switching and I think that is what makes it most irritating.
This week they moved the People's Pharmacy column which is always printed on Monday on page 3, to page 5. Why? There's no reason for it. Really, there seems to be no rationale...they aren't saving any pages, just moving them back and forth. It seems like they must push a randomizing button just for the hell of it! It kind of reminds me of the grocery store. You know... just when you finally get used to where everything is located, they send a team in to totally move everything around...again. Aargh! More on that in another post.
Back to the newspaper...
About the time they dropped the 3rd page of comic strips (some of which I did follow) they also moved the puzzle page, placing it in front of all the comics pages. I was so happy with the way it was set up before all these changes. I could read page to page and then was rewarded with the puzzles at the end. At first, after the change, I would work the puzzles when I got to them, before I read the comics, but then I would forget to read the comics. Yikes!
The Chronicle has also taken to combining the City and State section and the Business section from time to time. Don't like it.
This one little thing makes my day start on the wrong foot. As soon as I realize they've switched things around, a curse word escapes my mouth. I hate it when I resort to swearing within an hour of getting out of bed and I'm the only one in the house. It just makes me feel out of sorts.
Stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment