Friday, March 13, 2009

Treats

Once I finished my nice lunch (see previous post), I made a cup of coffee and went upstairs to put my feet up and read the book recommended to me by Virgie and enjoy my candy treat for the day.

First, the coffee:

instant, it always tastes good and fresh

Next, the book:

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Virgie, I love it! The letters are wonderful and funny and heartbreaking. I love the characters! I was able to find this one at the library, but not the other one you recommended: Never Let Me Go.

Finally, the candy:

Lindt Lindor Truffles. Omigod! They are so good. Wrapped individually, naturally, and nestled inside a fancy little sack with a see-through window...they are such a treat! Each one is smaller than a ping pong ball, but larger than a mouse ball. (Go ahead and laugh...I'll wait.) It's a little too big to fit comfortably in my mouth, but I shove it in anyway and it slowly melts. Then you get to the center, which is even more delicious than the outer chocolate. Wow! I think I might need a cigarette...

I decided that the candy was such a treat I need to really focus on it, so now I shut my book and just sit back and savor the wonderful chocolate truffle. Mmmmmm

No comments: