Friday, December 17, 2010

T'was the week before Christmas!

And where has the time gone?  I bought my first Christmas gifts in early February and here it is a week until Christmas and I'm not done!

Naturally, it's entirely my fault as I am the Great Procrastinator.  I hate having to put on make-up and get gussied up for the trip to town.  It's not the putting on of make-up that bothers me so much (I like the way I look when the cosmetics are in place), but the fact that I have to leave the house.  No....I'm not agoraphobic.  Just lazy and attached to doing as little as possible.  Putting on make-up means that it will have to be removed later on...and I somehow manage to wait until midnight or later to do that.  But, enough about my extreme laziness.

I have somehow managed to miss all the Christmas programs, pageants, etc. of all five of the grandkids this year.  It wasn't my fault!  I didn't know about Gage's program at all.  I babysat with Jax so Brent & Carolyn didn't have to deal with him at the pageant that Kate & Carlee were in a couple of nights ago...so, I knew about that one, but didn't insist upon going.  I didn't know about Zane's program until about an hour before it occurred.  Since I was just getting out of bed...and looked hideous...I didn't feel like I could make the transition to presentable in the short time I had available.  Wendy said he had a speaking part (a small one, she said...but, it sounded long enough when she repeated it to me) and I would have liked to suffer through it.  "Suffer" being how parents and grandparents usually feel when the kiddos are performing...we're so nervous for them and pray they don't just stand there, forgetting everything and feeling like a doofus.

The childrens' letters to Santa were published in the local paper this week.  Only Kate's and Gage's letters were in the El Campo paper.  Zane goes to kindergarten in Wharton, so if he wrote a letter, maybe it is in the Wharton paper.  Excuse me while I pull up that paper and see if I can find it........................

I didn't find it, but when I looked online for the Letters to Santa in the El Campo paper, I didn't find them either.

In Gage's letter, after a little chitchat with Santa, he says "I have been a good boy.  I have followed most of the Ten Commandments."  Most?  I wonder which ones he didn't follow.  He continued with a short list of things he wanted including "a Christmas set with you and the reendeer." 

Kate said she wanted another doll house "so I can have two."  She also mentioned that her flutes are both broken and she would like one for herself and one for her sister.

I still have a couple of gifts to buy (unless I can pawn that off on someone else) and stocking stuffers to buy...but that will have to wait until I'm in the mood to put on make-up...which is not today.

No comments: