Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Very Busy Day!

I woke up raring to go this morning.  Well, not really...but I knew I needed to get a check for taxes in the mail so it would get delivered by Friday...so that meant going to town.  I didn't even turn the computer on although I thought it might recognize me since I looked so horrible. 

Yesterday I asked Dee to come to lunch.  We had all the makings from our Christmas taco dinner.  The only thing I would have to do would be fry the tortillas.  She came and we stuffed ourselves.  I don't think I could ever get tired of them.  Am I the only one who feels that way?

While she was here I remarked that I regretted that I hadn't looked for a swivel/rocker/recliner when I bought the two rocker/recliners three years ago.  Dee has two recliners that both swivel and that would really be a bonus feature in our living room.  Since I got the new couches, the recliner had to be moved and it is now just 6 feet or so from the television.  If I'm sitting in the recliner the couches are to my right and behind me.  Not very good for conversation.  But a swiveling recliner would solve that problem.  Dee said that Franklin Furniture (where I bought the chairs) could put a swivel on it.  Wait, what?  So, yesterday afternoon I called them and the guy I talked to needed the model or style of the chair.  He told me it would be found either under the footrest or on the bottom of the chair.  I turned it over and the first thing I found was a plastic packet stapled underneath which contained the headrest and armrest covers in addition to a booklet about the LazyBoy chair.  At least I guess that's what the booklet is about...I haven't looked at it.  But, what else would it be about?  Philosophy?  I doubt it.  Anyhooo, I had assumed that it just didn't come with the covers, and the guy on the phone said they actually don't anymore.  I guess the other chair has them, too. 

I found the style number and he said, yes, they make a swivel thingy for the chair and they have it in inventory.  I just needed to get the chair there first thing in the morning as the installer is the same guy who makes deliveries.  I talked to Wayne about it and he didn't fuss at all about having to schlep the chair to Franklins.  I called him this morning to tell him that since it was raining I thought we could put it in the reclined position and get it in the back of my car.  He could drop it off, take the Calhoun County tax check to the post office, and go to the Wharton County tax office and pay those taxes and then go back to get the chair.  They said it should only take about thirty minutes.  He was agreeable to all of that.  He came, we loaded, he left. 

Two hours later he returned with the recliner now pimped out with a swivel.  It's absolutely wonderful!  Perfect!

While he was gone, I deconstructed Christmas here.  Everything is put away except for the wreath on the fireplace.  I didn't notice it until I thought I was done.  So it will probably reside there for a while.  Honestly it would only take a few minutes to remove it...but, I'll fight the temptation and just leave it.

I have decided to make tacos again for supper.  Still have meat and everything else ready for them.  Surely Wayne likes them as much as I do.  We'll see!

Meanwhile I showered, washed my hair and am in the process of laundering my sheets.  I will feel like I died and went to heaven when I get in bed tonight! 

Tomorrow I have to go get groceries for the New Year's Day meal.  We have it at Carolyn's house.  I don't know if Robin and Chad will be there...they might have other plans.  Busy, busy, busy!

No comments: