Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting Older

It's so much fun getting older.  I was playing Free Cell and thought of something I wanted to do on the internet.  In the five or so seconds it took my browser to open I forgot what I wanted to do.  I hate it when that happens.

Speaking of getting older, Gage's 8th birthday was today.  Wayne and I went over there for a small family party.  Very small.  It was just the Garners, Wayne and I, Carolyn, Kate, Carlee and Cullen (Tracy's son.)  When Brent went to pick Jax up from daycare, Jax came running to him with a smile on his face.  As soon as Brent picked him up, Jax threw up on him.  Brent arrived home shirtless and Jax arrived home wearing only a diaper.  So, they stayed at home.  We don't think Jax is sick, though.  We stopped by after the party and he was a happy camper, eating snack crackers and waiting for pizza. 
The photo of Gage's cake illustrates how cleverly Wendy solved the problem of forgetting to buy candles. They are having a party for Gage's friends at the skating rink tomorrow.  I guess she's making the cake for that party.  She texted me at 10:30 PM to see if I had any canned icing.  I was very surprised to see that I didn't have any.  I suppose she'll handle it in the morning. 

Also on the subject of getting older...I was in the living room while most of them were in the kitchen.  I think I heard them (including Wendy) discussing Wendy's age.  She had missed it by a year.  I believe she said something like, "I forgot and it's too hard to figure out." 

In case you're wondering, the candles add up to 8...you might have missed the small red one.

Zane, Gage, Kate and Carlee in the midst of gift opening

No comments: