Yes! All the time (6 days) I've spent weighing in, prepping foods, cooking, eating and logging it in my Lose It app is paying off. The Wii Fit program has deemed me overweight instead of obese. Mind you, I'm on the cusp and if I'm not careful it could move up the few numbers that will tip the scale, so to speak.
To be fair to me, the Wii Fit program only has my height and weight to go on. To be fair to the Wii Fit program, it's probably pretty fair to me. When I went to a website to calculate body mass index, it still considered me obese. So, I guess the Wii Fit is being extremely kind.
This dieting business is taking a lot of time. For several days I've barely left the kitchen until evening. I just came upstairs to have a cup of afternoon coffee and check emails. I still have work to do in the kitchen, not to mention my afternoon snack is due within the hour. Once I start adding real exercise (or what passes for real exercise for me) to the mix, I don't know how I'll manage to get anything else accomplished.
On a somewhat related note: I think I mentioned how good the ham was that I cooked for New Year's Day. After I dropped by Gage's birthday party yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought another ham. I told the girls I was cooking it today and they could come by for take out (not dine-in) any time after noon. I got the ham in the oven at 9 and then made breakfast for Wayne (pancakes and bacon for him) and me (not pancakes and bacon, that's for sure!) Then I read the paper and worked on a Sunday crossword puzzle from December...still haven't caught up with the paper since my trip. I put some sweet potatoes in the oven about 11 and did about 10 minutes of extremely easy exercise on the Wii Fit and...ta-da...time to get the ham out of the oven. As soon as I took the foil off I realized two things...1) I messed up and bought a shank instead of the butt, so there's a lot of bone, and 2) I didn't take the little round plastic thingy out before I baked it. That really wasn't a problem, I guess, since it wasn't even warped, never mind melted. I couldn't believe I had forgotten to look at the label and make sure it was a butt...geez!
It was still good, just more fat to cut off and more gristly bits than the butt had. Wendy sent Kelly over to get their share of it. I haven't heard from Carolyn or Robin yet, but their shares are trimmed of fat and in ziplock bags in the fridge. There's a nice big bone to use in beans. Carolyn made some really good beans with the (much) smaller bone from last week's butt.
I'm off to the kitchen to finish cleaning it and have my freaking snack, though I'm not a bit hungry for it. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment