Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Thrill of the Chase

Not much to report today.  Just checking on the blogs I follow and had to sign in to comment on one, so here I am with nothing to say, but itchy fingers nonetheless.

My plan to quit worrying about how I fold the towels was tested this morning.  I passed.  I didn't give any thought to which side was out or any other silliness like that.  I confess to refolding a hand towel, but only because it made more sense to do it then rather than when I put it on the rack.  Working on my foibles!

Before folding, however, I had to chase one of those tiny frogs around the room.  I spotted it on my way to the laundry room.  It was pretending to be an inanimate object when I noticed it.  I grabbed a tissue and reached down to pick it up.  Naturally, it did not want to be captured.  It took quite a long leap forward and I followed and tried again.  It hopped again and I saw that this was a game I wasn't going to win...unless I changed my tactic.

I found a small plastic container and a thin piece of cardboard and approached my wary prey.  It made one last jump as I bent down.  I distracted it with the cardboard while I sneakily covered it with the container.  Once I slid the cardboard underneath it was all over except for the disposal.  I spoke nicely to it and told it to calm down.  I said it didn't belong in my house and I was going to put it outside where it would enjoy itself much more.  Then I popped it into the flower bed where it sat for a few seconds...either stunned by the cold air or sulking at its perceived rude treatment.

And that's the way it was...so far, anyway.  Never a dull moment here!

Time for a snack.

No comments: