It's sliding time again at the Bubela's. Yesterday they pulled out the big inflatable slide and set it up where it could be seen from the kitchen and living room windows. They got it going and Kate and Carlee got busy playing on it.
Meanwhile, Brent went to Jr.'s to buy ice and some other stuff for margaritas, and Carolyn went into the house to make a call. She said she heard a loud pop and then the slide was gone. Well, not gone, but it had flipped over in spite of all the anchors that hold it to the ground.
She said the girls were crying when they ran to her, scared, but not hurt. I didn't know any of this when I arrived there a little while later, but soon heard all about it from Kate and Carlee as they ran to the car to tell me about this event.
As they approached the car, Carlee was saying, "We went under the slide!" I replied, "You goofballs! What did you do that for?" And then Kate proceeded to tell me that the slide had flipped over on them. She told (and showed) me how she stood and held the plastic up for Carlee. She showed me how she helped Carlee up and then led her to the edge and "got Carlee out first." I'm so proud of her...my little hero! That really does describe her personality...she's a caregiver, always wanting to help. She's kind to others and when her feelings are hurt, it's almost a physical pain for her.
It was blowing a gale yesterday. They set it up in what seemed to be a protected spot, but I think the wind was coming around both sides of the garage so strongly that combined with the orientation of the slide, it was bound to go. When I drove up they were resetting it in a better place, at least for that day. If you are interested in some photos and a video of the sliding, you can click here to see that post on the Bubela blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment