Thursday, September 20, 2012

iPhone upgrade


All I meant to do when I plugged my phone into the computer at about 11 last night was to sync it.  When iTunes came up on the screen however, it informed me that there was a new upgrade and asked if I wanted to download it.

I decided to wait until after I had synced my phone to do the upgrade.  But, before the sync started, another message came up telling me that there was an upgrade to the iPhone, and it asked if I wanted to download and install it now.  But, no, I wanted to sync first and update apps before I did the new upgrade.  Wouldn't you know that 19 of my apps needed updating and so that took a bit of time. Then I synced again to install the app updates before I was ready to do the iPhone upgrade.

Do I know you?
It turned out that the upgrade was for a new operating system, iOS 6.0, which is the operating system for the new iPhone 5, that is coming out soon.  And it has some pretty cool improvements, one of which is the ability to insert photos and videos into an email document.  Prior to this, you had to select a photo or photos before you started the email.

There was really no reason for me to put a picture of Sadie in the middle of this email. I just did it because I could.

And, in case you're wondering, this is an email.  I can compose a post on my phone and email it to my special address on Blogger which lands it, in draft form, in my list of posts.  From there I can edit and/or publish it.  Or just delete it if I realize it's just crap.  I could probably delete this one.

So, now that you've read this, you can add it to your list of things you didn't really need to know.

Except...you should probably upgrade to the iOS 6.0 if you can.  Some cool stuff.  Plan it for evening when you won't need the phone much...the upgrade is 912 MB.  I got it started and then went to bed.  I woke up at about 3 AM, and it had completed the download and install.  So, I finished up the last bit of it and went back to bed.  

I guess I'll do the iTunes update tonight.  Oh, the thrill of it all.

No comments: