We’ve been getting ready for Ike for a couple of days. I finally went to town on Thursday (without a list) to gather some supplies and run some other errands. I didn’t even have a cup of coffee, I was in such a rush to get to town early enough to score some Vienna sausages, etc.
I stopped at Sutherland’s where I found that they had lots of flashlights (some with batteries included) in stock…so I bought some even though I have quite a few of them at home. You can’t have too many flashlights, right? I bought batteries randomly, (this is cool…I misspelled randomly and it didn’t even give me an option about changing the spelling…it just changed it while I was typing the next word…cool!) not remembering what type battery I needed. You can always use C’s and AAA’s and AA’s, can’t you. I did manage to get some D’s, as well…a real coup. They still had OSB plyboard available. I should have bought some, even though Wayne told me we had enough when I called to ask. You never have enough. A couple of our windows look like something Pa Kettle would put together.
I had to insist that Wayne not get on the ladder to cover the 2nd floor windows. They were getting covered, but not by him. We finished them up today. Robin and I helped him. Then Robin and Chad took Dusty to the fairgrounds since our “barn” will probably disintegrate. Dusty is over 30 years old, so we are reluctant to do much to improve his stall…he’ll be out on the roof before too long.
Wayne finally finished everything that he was going to do and came in about 3 and showered and ate lunch. He’s been napping ever since. He even slept through a shopping excursion that Carolyn and Kate made over here.
So, I guess after he goes to the fairgrounds to feed Dusty, we’ll be hunkering down to wait for the big winds.
No comments:
Post a Comment