My reward for spending 50 to 60 minutes doing the Wii Fit exercises is to go Wii Bowling. You do it just like alley bowling, using the arrows on the alley to aim your ball...adjusting as necessary. I've gradually gotten better and Thursday night I actually threw 8 strikes in a row, bowling a 256 and then a 247, bowling 7 strikes in a row in that game.
Before I bowled those two games we had a little excitement in the neighborhood. Someone came flying down our road and turned onto the road where Carolyn and Wendy live. He (I'm guessing "he") turned into each of their driveways and then apparently abandoned his car there on the road. A short while later, a cop car started patrolling their area, looking for the bad guy. A little while after that a second cop car joined the hunt. Carolyn and Wendy talked on the phone and then Carolyn called me (about a mile away) to let me know what was going on. They had already called the neighbors and wanted me to call Dee and Gary and let them know. This was after 10, maybe close to 11. This was also after Wayne had spent most of the day boarding up our house and then going to the bay to get the golf cart and the red dog table. Chris had already picked up the little red stools. If you aren't a member of the Wendel/Rioux family, you won't know what the heck I'm talking about. The table and the stools were in the bay house that got swept away in Hurricane Carla. Those were some of the very few items that we were able to find after that hurricane.
Anyway, by the time he got back, unloaded and cleaned up it was after Carolyn had called about the bad guy. I went outside to get the keys out of Wayne's new truck and noticed a fire down in the fields. I pointed it out to Wayne, so he thought he'd better go check it out. I told him not to stop and pick up anyone, because we had a bad guy in the area. So, off he drives. About that time Robin called (she was in town staying at Chad's mom's house) and I told her about what was happening. I stood out on the driveway, looking toward Wendy's and Carolyn's, seeing the cop cars driving around. I could see Wayne's truck driving into the field and shortly afterward I realized there were more cars out there...the cop cars. There was a lot of driving around, but eventually, lights flashing, the cops managed to box Wayne in. I was still talking to Robin, telling her what was going on in the field. I said, "the cops have Dad surrounded." After 5 to 10 minutes they turned off their lights and left the farm and went back to the other area. I guess the bad guy just had to bide his time, because Carolyn told me that his car was gone by a little after 3.
After all this excitement was when I bowled the two great games. I texted Robin telling her my score. The next day she told me she was expecting that my text was going to be about the bad guy. She laughed when she saw it was about my excellent bowling.
Excellent bowling indeed! Got my reality check this morning when Carolyn and Kate came over and bowled with me. Never mind what Carolyn and I bowled...Kate (3 years old the end of July) bowled a 93! She didn't know what she was doing, of course, which makes it look even worse for me. They came back this afternoon and she didn't so well. She just couldn't get in the groove. Must have been beginner's luck this morning.
I went out late this afternoon and mowed while Wayne, Kelly, and Brent took down the boards on the first floor windows. It's nice to be able to see out again. All's right with the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment