I went to bed early last night. Well, early for me, sort of. I got into bed a little after midnight and started watching the first of two "The Nanny" episodes. No need to concentrate...shut my eyes if I want...fall asleep, even. Got through the first one and started the second and fell asleep before that one was over, but woke enough to turn the television off.
Six hours later I woke up, apparently without moving all night. Got up quickly to...well, you don't need to know that...but, since it was only 6:25 AM, I went back to bed...expecting to fall back asleep immediately, as I usually do. Instead, thoughts began whooshing through my mind. And fifteen minutes later I was still not asleep.
I noticed, then, that the heater had come on a couple of times while my mind was busy...too often. I remembered that I had left the thermostat set at 68 degrees...several degrees warmer than I like it, for sleeping, that is. That's my "winter" preference...when the heater is on. So, I got up, schlepped across the way to the thermostat and moved it down one degree. I guess that's all it took, because when I got back into bed, I fell asleep right away. And slept for three more hours!
I guess it was juuuust right!
No comments:
Post a Comment