Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Such a Deal!

Our local movie theater charges a mere $2.50 for movies starting before 3:30 in the afternoon.  So, if I remember to check the schedule, and if there's something I want to see, I try to go at 1:00 on Tuesday afternoon.  Truth be told, however, it's never very expensive to go to the movie locally.  The highest admission is only $6 and senior citizens only pay $4.50. 

I went to the movie last week to see "Life as We Know It".  It was okay...but, I was glad I had paid  only $2.50 to see it.  The trailer (why is it called a trailer?) for "Due Date", which was showing at the same time looked like more fun...but, oh well.  Another trailer shown before the movie started was for "Unstoppable" which stars Denzel Washington.  I like just about anything he's in.  I decided last week that I was going to see "Unstoppable" this week.  And luckily, I remembered it was Tuesday today and hot-footed it to the theater at 1:00.

If I go to the movie at 1, I usually skip lunch so I can get the Triple Giant Special...a large popcorn, a large drink and a large candy for $7.25.  Most of the trailers this week were for features that won't be here until January or March.  I don't think I remember seeing anything that I want to see in the next week or two.  "Morning Glory" will be here early in December, so I'll make plans to see that...if I remember.  Once I miss a few weeks, I forget all about going to the movie.

"Unstoppable" was excellent!  The action was so exciting that I was immobile at times...a handful of popcorn stopped halfway to my mouth more than once.  I was near tears several times and my heart was pounding at other times.  Anyone behind me might have thought I had ants in my pants with all the dodging and jerking I was doing!

I could only finish about half my popcorn so I stopped at the barn to give Wayne the remainder.  He really likes movie popcorn.  I had invited him to go with me...not that I need to have someone else there...I just thought he'd really enjoy that particular movie.  Maybe he'll go another day.  It's on at 1:00 and 3:15 for most of this week.  And it's such a deal!  Lunch and a movie for only $10!

No comments: