Is it just me, or have commercials about toilet paper gotten a little too informative? The one just aired says among other things, "When you have a softer bath tissue, you can enjoy going more while still using less." The commercial ends by saying, "...Enjoy the go."
I've skipped most commercials since I started DVRing just about everything I intend to watch. This worked great until this last year. At that time I downloaded a game to my phone that I enjoyed playing, so I started letting commercials run instead of skipping through them. That would give me several minutes to play the game. Then, this summer I got my laptop, and now use the commercial time to mess around on the computer.
Even though I'm not consciously watching them, my attention is sometimes captured by a commercial that's funny, or gross, or stupid.
Personally, I think even the dumbest of us knows everything there is to know about toilet paper. It blows my mind to imagine how many millions of dollars are spent on advertising a product that everyone uses every day for almost their entire life and they know how it works. It's PAPER! There are no moving parts. There aren't any cool options. Too much information!
I'm just saying...
No comments:
Post a Comment