My internet connection has been agonizingly slow for the past few days. Maybe the band width is crowded with all the electronic devices trying to upload, download and just communicate. I have tried several methods to upload the photos. The one that finally worked was to email the photos to the special address I have for mobile blogging. So, here they are...photo proof of the wonderful day we had on Sunday!
The first thing we did...after setting up the margarita machine, was pose for photos. With the camera on a tripod and using the timer, we actually got some really good shots.
It was good to take these photos early in the day...before the grandkids got all crazy. Below are Carolyn, Brent, Jax, Kate and Carlee.
Wendy, Gage, Kelly and Zane. Zane is missing two lower teeth. Speaking of that, Gage told me recently that he's saving his tooth fairy money for college. It's good to know that he wants to pitch in!
Robin and Chad, hamming it up.
Wayne and I, looking all grown-up.
Wayne and I with all the grandkids...Kate, Zane, Gage, Jax and Carlee
After the photo session we got started on the gift frenzy. I wish I had taken a picture of the tree, which could barely be seen because of all the gifts around it. The tree looks so forlorn now that I almost took it down today. Maybe I'll tackle that tomorrow.
After opening the gifts, the kids played while the girls and I drank margaritas and "worked" on lunch. Tacos. That's all, just tacos. Well, and refried beans and dessert. No rice, no tamales, just tacos. It worked out great. As I fried the tortillas, they started making the tacos for the little ones. Once the little ones were fed and back in the playroom, the others started building their tacos. Everyone loved them, so I think we might continue with this meal. We had several desserts. Robin brought a yule log, a gift from Mennonite neighbors, and a pecan pie truffle dessert. Carolyn made a poppy seed cake and I had a pecan pie. I can't remember if we gave the kids any dessert. I don't really think we did. Oversight.
We continued drinking margaritas while we cleaned up. Then Brent took Jax and Carlee home for naps. Chad left a while later to go hunting. Kate stayed with the big girls. About 3:30 or 4, Kelly and the boys went home to work on their new basketball goal. At that point Wendy, Carolyn, Robin and I set up Rock Band on the Nintendo and ....I paused here because I remembered I wanted to have one of those pictures posted here. Pardon me while I try to upload another photo...be back in a bit. I guess I could finish the thought, however. We set up Rock Band...a drumset, a guitar, a keyboard and a microphone and spent a couple of hours jamming. Photo below...I hope.
Carolyn is checking the keyboard while Robin is looking like she's talking smack with the drumsticks. If I were not taking the photo, you would see me with the guitar.

After the jam session, the girls and I played one game of Skip-Bo and then I drove them all home. It was after 7 before I got back to the house. A really long day...but a wonderful one! I hope everyone had as good a day as we did.







2 comments:
It looks like a wonderful time was had by all (and you all look so good!) As I was reading your post, Sis was admiring the Christmas card we got from Carolyn and remembering playing in the bay with the girls. Happy New Year!
We did have a good time. And I could tell you all had one as well. You are busier than any 3 mothers I know! I was going to call your mom today. Just haven't done it yet. Happy New Year to all of you!
Post a Comment