Woo-hoo! I finally got my Verizon broadband modem and it's a big improvement over the wireless I have been using for the past few years. Don't get me wrong...the wireless was just fine until recently. Or, at least, it was usually fine. It requires line-of-sight to the tower and maybe trees between us and the tower have grown during the past few years and are now obstructing the signal. Or maybe it's just all the damn wind, bending the trees into the signal. Whatever it is, I just got dang tired of it and decided to go broadband.
I ordered it Friday, I think, and it came this morning by Fedex. It took just a little while to get it set up and "ta-da", I'm back online. This morning I didn't have any bars, but it was still working like a champ. This evening I have 4 bars! I'm pretty pumped! Can't wait to take it with me to the river, Schlitterbahn, the bay...yippee!
Of course, this means I will have to drop my current preferred email address when I discontinue the wireless. So, that's a pain. Don't know whether I want to use the gmail address I've had (but never use) for several years or go to yahoo! or hotmail.
Now, if I could just boost my cell phone signal here at home. I get a much stronger signal at Port Alto than I do here. Crazy!
3 comments:
Sounds wonderful! I have to warn you that people having Vorizon phones do not get reception in Concan, but I'll share my password with you for my infamous wireless connection. If you even want it.
word verification: cotdo
definition: a messy hair appearance when camping, usually first noticed in the morning; a rustic version of bedhead
Well, that blows! I was hoping it would work there, thereby inspiring you to go broadband. I know we've had trouble with AT&T there, too. Do any networks come through reliably?
When AT&T bought Cingular, the tower up on the bluff was part of the deal, so we now have the same good AT&T reception that we had with Cingular.
word verification: unkets
definition: term for uncles that are younger than their nieces and/or nephews; singular unket; feminine antet(s)
Post a Comment