Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chasing eyelids

Just spent an interesting few minutes chasing my eyelids to apply eyeliner.  Picture trying to paint a line on sand.  As you move the brush, the sand keeps piling up in front of it.  That's what it was like...skin piling up ahead of the liner brush. 

One of these days, when my eyelids are real hazard to my sight, I guess I'll think about getting a little plastic surgery.  I remember an old joke about Ann Richards getting a facelift.  After the operation, the surgeon told her, "Good news, the surgery went well and there's enough skin here to make a pair of boots!" 

For the record, I'm not one who favors cosmetic surgery for myself.  It seems too much like tempting fate.  But, that's now...who knows what I might decide at a later time. 

1 comment:

Ceecee said...

Some people finally agree to the surgery when their drooping eyelids no longer allow them to read. That would be we going under the knife then.

word veridication: auctesch
definition: surreptitious bid made by sneezing and most effective when arranged with the spotter beforehand