The girls decided it was time for a game night, so after the kiddos were down for the count on Saturday night, they came to my house. We asked Dee to come, too, but she had been away from home during the day and needed to seriously get her stuff together for going to the Quilt Festival in Houston.
We played 2 or 3 games of Mexican Train dominoes and then decided to switch to another game. Everyone except Wendy wanted to play Pictionary. In playing past games of Pictionary, Wendy has kept us in stitches. She would typically either draw a very detailed picture or a series of clues that meant nothing to anyone except herself. An example of her detailed picture: the thing she was supposed to draw was "boil." She drew a stove, complete with the burners and controls, drew a pot on one of the burners and at last some bubbles which indicated boiling water.
Robin and I are usually the players you want to team with. Carolyn can't draw...period. She just moves the pencil around, laughing, and saying, "I can't draw!"
Carolyn and Robin happened to be sitting on the same side of the table, so they were a team and Wendy and I were a team. We started slowly, but all of a sudden we were on fire. Wendy's drawings were good! And quick! And to the point! Mine weren't that good, but Wendy guessed the answer anyway. Sometimes she would guess the answer before I got started good. She would say the answer and since there was no real reason for her to have guessed it from what I had drawn, I would say, "Huh? What did you say?" She brought her A-game, that's for sure!
We decided that it's way more fun to be doing the drawing and guessing than to watch someone else do that, so we made our own rule that both teams would participate at the same time. The winning part was fun, but not as much fun as the drawing and guessing. And laughing at our drawings.
It was after midnight before we ended our game night. Lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment