That's a question I ask myself every time a particular commercial is aired. This afternoon I'm celebrating Labor Day by sitting in my recliner playing Free Cell while watching a "The Nanny" marathon on TVLand. The commercial I'm talking about is for acid reflux disease. The product is called AcipHex. "If your burning, bad taste and belching won't quit, talk to your doctor. It could be acid reflux disease......Side effects may include pain, sore throat, infection, gas, and constipation. Other serious stomach conditions may exist......"
Seriously, if those are the possible side effects, don't they sound worse than the symptoms they're supposed to treat? But, the part that makes me look up when I hear the commercial is the name of the drug. AcipHex...pronounced "ass effects." I don't know how they can keep saying it without laughing. And they do keep saying it. I know I giggle every time I hear "ass effects".
Didn't anyone say it out loud before they pinned that name on it?
1 comment:
Like we would never have named a son Jeff. Gotta try out the way it sounds aloud. (Verification word is creez, defined as what you say for a photo when you're allergic to cheese?)
Post a Comment