I walked out to the mailbox a little while ago and on the way I checked on the five lantana cuttings I poked into the flower bed a few days ago. It was an experiment...one for which I didn't hold out much hope. The cuttings seemed too flimsy and probably should have been made from woodier stems than what I used.
Anyhooo, they seem to be in five different stages of dying. The one I showed in the photo looked about the same...well, worse, but about the same. Of the other four, one is all crispy, one has about 2 inches of stem and nothing else, a third has more stem and nothing else. I didn't see the fourth one, at all.
It's probably fair to conclude that the experiment will fail. But, I still think lantana or something similar would be really pretty out there. Maybe I'll look for some plants the next time I'm at Walmart. Of course, the downside to that would be that watering is sure to be required...at least at first...and I just don't know if I'm up for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment