Saturday, November 27, 2010

Regarding My Christmas Spirit

I'm trying to improve it...my Christmas spirit, that is.  I've been working on eliminating "fricking" before every time I say (or think) Christmas.  Such as in the fricking Christmas tree I need to pull out of the closet and put together and decorate. 

So, today I've been watching the Lifetime channel which is showing one Christmas (I thought "fricking" but didn't type it!) show after another.  I can already tell you the commercial that is going to make me seriously consider boycotting the store it advertises...the crazy looking woman dressed in red and happy that the Target 2-day sale is here.  It's a shame, because I really like Target...so many items, so little time.  But, wait...it said 2-day sale so presumably I won't hear it much longer.

I think a nice eggnog would help, too.

2 comments:

Ceecee said...

I went to Target today to buy one item and raced out as soon as possible. Wish I had thought of egg nog for my second item.

VWV "retsto": retro gone awry because you remembered it the way it wasn't; floors done in black and white stripes instead of checkerboard, bronze instead of chrome dinette set, a dachshund shirt instead of a poodle skirt, Butch Holly, hula hoppers, Waisties, Smothers Sisters, the Frozen War, Nerd ball, Jim Bond, Woolsock Festival, Roll 'n' Rock, etc.

Susan said...

You crack me up with your VWV's. Still laughing.

BTW: In case you haven't tried it, the HEB brand of Lite Egg Nog is as good as the regular. I always buy a quart and drink it as quick as I can. I love it! But, only 1 quart...have to show a little restraint.

I've noticed all the posts you've added lately. Thank you...love reading them.