Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pre K-3

Brent was out of town, training for his new job, so Carolyn asked if I would help her with orientation at St. Philip's Catholic School. While I was with Robin at her doctor's appointment...no change there, the baby is doing great at 38 weeks...Carolyn put a car seat in my car. The plan was for me to take Jax in my car while she would take Kate and Carlee. We would then meet and go to Jax's Pre K-3 classroom so he could check it out. Then I would take Jax home while Carolyn and the girls visited their classrooms and then went to orientation at the new Family Center. I think that's what it's called.

Jax LOVED his classroom. He visited all the stations, spending the most time in the "kitchen center", although he like the cars, too. There will be about 10 children in his class. Mrs. Connie told me they have three Pre K-3 classrooms this year with a total of 32 little ones populating them. You would never be able to guess that about a year ago, the classroom we were in was the stage in the gym. They did a truly wonderful job of transforming the gym into classrooms!

But, Jax's room was the only one I was able to visit because he wouldn't leave. He continued playing, for the most part totally ignoring the other 3 year olds and their parents who came to check out the room. We got there by about 4:50 and the teachers had to be at the orientation at 5:30. As 5:30 approached, I kept telling him it was time to leave. He would answer, in a sing song voice, "I'm not done, yet." or "I'm not finished." He "cooked" me a meal of pizza, spaghetti, cookies and a drink, before I was finally able to lure him out the door with Smarties.

I don't think Carolyn will have a bit of trouble getting him in the door tomorrow morning.
This was early in the visit.  He hadn't started cooking, yet.
That's Carlee with him in this photo.
He's checking out the oven here.
Here he's checking out the spices.

No comments: