Or maybe I should holy smoke...as it's almost hot enough for items to self-combust. My computer tells me it's 105 degrees!!! The Weatherbug program says 104.9, but it got rounded up that tenth when it migrated to the taskbar. That's just crazy. Sure would be nice to have a pool, although I'm pretty sure I don't have the energy to wiggle into my swimsuit. Even if it were clean. I haven't washed it since my last trip to the bay...I really ought to go put it in the washer right now...
I'm currently trying to restore the email stuff from the Carbonite backup drive. I can't really tell if it's working or not, although it is on a different file from the one it was (apparently) restoring before the computer performed a mini-dump. I don't know what that means...the screen suddenly went dark (or blue...don't remember) and a message came up that said a bunch of stuff, which I didn't have time to read before it disappeared again. All I read was something about needing to restart the computer...blah, blah, blah...blue screen...blah, blah, blah...and then it shut down. When I started it up there was another (more professional looking) message that gave a little information and invited me to click on a link that would give me more details. I declined the invitation, however. From what I read I could tell that it might as well be written in Navajo.
I don't even know why I'm trying to restore all the old emails from the old computer, really. I have it on the old computer if I need to find something. And about finding something specific. Come on. I have (probably) thousands of messages on there stored in at least 20 folders...the Inbox and 19 sub-folders. I have filters directing which folder an email should go to when it hits the Inbox. Some go directly to the Trash folder. If this Restore process doesn't work...or at least complete by tomorrow...maybe I just won't worry about it. I did copy all that stuff to a flash drive, too. Anyhooo, just because I remember getting an email about a certain subject or sending one, doesn't guarantee that I will be able to find it again.
My bluetooth mouse is suddenly acting like it's on crack again. The cursor is acting like an anti-magnet. Is there such a thing? When I try to land the cursor on, say, the minimize button, it circles around it but refuses to go near it. Well, now it's acting okay...it must have been distracted by the mini-dump.
And I can tell that the Restore is actually doing something. No sooner had I expressed doubts than the Restore window jumped the numbers and gave me an estimated time for completion. Of course, it could be wrong. It said 9 hours. Six hours ago when I started it, it said 10 hours.
Gotta bounce! I have a pot of pinto beans working that need draining and rinsing, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment