Saturday, August 28, 2010

Random Negative Thoughts

My internet connection has been running so slow for most of the afternoon that I'm about ready to open a vein.  I don't know which is more annoying...the fact that it's so slow or the fact that I'm still sitting here instead of finding something much more productive to do.

I got all (or almost all) of the photos uploaded to Shutterfly, but then have not been able to save more than the title page.  I was on page 2, but only got 3 photos on it, having to wait FOREVER between drops.  I saved it once and then closed it without saving...how much could I lose?  Very frustrating.

Another frustrating thing that's been going on for a while in Blogger is that when I reach the end of a paragraph and hit "enter" twice to start a new paragraph I never know where the cursor is going to land.  Usually it's at the beginning of the paragraph I just finished.  Sometimes it's higher up in the text, in a previous paragraph.  What's up with that?  I finally realized, after using the mouse or the touch pad to move the cursor to the proper position (numerous times), that if I just start typing, it actually does go to the right position.  But still, it's stupid.

And another thing...on this fancy laptop when I want to use Caps Lock, I hit it and then have to wait several seconds while it puts a message on the lower right had corner alerting me to CAPS LOCK: ON.  I put that in caps because that's how the message is shown.  Then the same thing happens when I turn CAPS LOCK: OFF.  That just seems unnecessary to me.  I really think that one would notice whether it's on or off within the first 2 letters.

Now I have to go make supper.  Pizza.  Not frozen.  I have to open a package and take out the crust.  Then I have to open another package and spread the sauce on the crust.  Then I add whatever else I want on it.  I think I'll do half hamburger & jalapenos (for Wayne) and half supreme (for me.)  He called my cell phone from the bedroom downstairs a hour or so ago to see if I wanted to go out to eat.  I declined, as I look hideous.

Oh, and just one more thing before I go.  After about two and a half weeks signing in on this laptop, the facial recognition software still doesn't recognize me 97% of the time even though I look EXACTLY the same every time.

No comments: