Sunday, August 22, 2010

In the house, thank goodness!

My Weatherbug application tells me it's 102 degrees outside.  It's 6:17 PM, for crying out loud!  I guess it could be worse.  It could be hot AND humid.  Oh, wait...it is hot and humid.

So, I'm sitting here watching a movie that I'm not very interested while I mess around on the computer.  I'm making an attempt to copy all my folders, filters and messages from the old computer.  Don't have complete confidence in what I'm doing, but no guts, no glory...right?  I've copied the emails on the new computer to a file on the desktop just in case they get lost during this process.  

Carolyn and Kate came over for a little while after lunch.  She carried off some of their (her) things that were still here.  And that's a good thing.

I was looking through some folders of scanned photos yesterday and found this one of Gage at about 18 months or so.  I clearly remember that we couldn't quit laughing and poor Gage seemed to know how ridiculous he looked.  He had that look that dogs get when they have to wear that "funnel" collar.  I can't decide which he looks more like...an oompa loompa, Tweedledee & Tweedledum, or Humpty Dumpty.  This will have to be in his wedding video someday.  But, for sure it doesn't look safe.  It looks like all the bouyancy is right in the middle and the suit wouldn't care which end was up.  He looks like a bobber on a fishing line, doesn't he?

I also found this one of Cousin Hannah holding baby Robin back in 1981.  Hannah is expecting her own baby girl in a few months.  What a sweet picture!

It's been fun having to go through the computer looking for stuff.  I keep finding these wonderful photos!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the picks!! Gage definitely looks like an Oompa Loompa to me. I'm pretty sure that thing does not do what Wendy intended it to do.