I actually got to bed a little before 3 last night and then watched a 30 minute sitcom I had recorded. Can't remember which one it was, though. Guess I was a little tired. I set my timer (I don't use an alarm clock...I use a kitchen timer) for 5 hours, but woke up about 15 minutes before the timer was to alert me. I figured I would be wishing I had those 15 minutes later on, so I got up, showered and washed my hair.
Then I turned on the computer. I checked email and blogs before I dried my hair. Then I went down for my nice sausage and scrambled egg breakfast. I love a good breakfast.. I intended to eat the last 1/2 cup helping of the Breakfast Oatmeal Pudding recipe I got from Cousin J. I was surprised (and disappointed) to find that I had eaten it yesterday. I made it a couple of weeks ago and really like it. It makes an 8 x 8 dish full, so after keeping it in the fridge until I had eaten about half of it, I put the rest in 1/2 cup servings in ziplocks and froze them. Thawed, reheated and with a 1/2 container of H-E-B Pina Colada yogurt, it's almost a good as it was coming out of the oven.
Here's the recipe from Cousin J's Mommy Hungry blog:
Breakfast Oatmeal Pudding
2 1/4 cup quick cooking oats or 2 3/4 old-fashioned oats, uncooked
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 1/2 cups skim milk
4 egg whites, lightly beaten, or 1/2 cup egg substitute (or 3 whole eggs)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup sunflower seeds or nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc) optional
skim milk or nonfat yogurt and fruit (optional)
Heat oven to 350F. Spray 8" square pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, raisins/cranberries, nuts, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla; mix well. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 45-60 minutes or until center is set and firm to the touch.
Cool slightly. Serve with milk or yogurt and fruit, if desired. Store leftover pudding covered in fridge.
Note: To reheat, place single serving in microwave-safe bowl and cook on high for about 30 seconds. Great warmed and then with yogurt on top!
I used Craisins (dried cranberries and chopped pecans).
After breakfast I actually started packing. That was about 9:30. I'm about finished now.
A little sidebar here. For some reason, every once in a while while I'm typing, the cursor suddenly jumps to an entirely different spot in the text and inserts what I'm typing there. I usually notice it right away and have to go to the new spot and delete the inappropriate letters and then put them where they were supposed to go. It happened just a bit ago and I didn't see where the cursor went. So, if you see an errant period somewhere above this, we'll just assume that was the one that was supposed to end the previous paragraph. It's a very curious thing. It never happened on my old computer. Don't know what causes it.
During my packing, I panicked that I was going to look like I came from the boonies when we were in Boston. I figured I would fit right in the other states...c'mon...Maine? So, I had to try on some things that I had in another closet. One was a pant suit that has always been just a little big. Oops! It's a bit snug now, in the heinie. Not a problem, the jacket is long and would cover that problem, but the chubby thighs have made the length just a bit shorter than I would like. But, it would be wearable...except for the big, padded Joan Crawford shoulders. Once I got a gander of that, it was back to the closet for that outfit.
I ended up taking a pair of slacks that I may or may not wear. Dee and I are stopping at Coldwater Creek so I can return something that I purchased to take but then decided I didn't like enough to pay that much for it. Maybe I'll find something else while we're there.
We dashed into Cato Fashions for about 20 to 30 minutes a couple of days ago, where I found the "casual elegant" outfit that the tour literature suggests would be appropriate for dinner. I also got a couple of those long scarves that are "in" right now, and a couple of necklaces. Altogether, I think it was about the same amount as the one item I'm returning at Coldwater Creek.
I need to get my makeup on and finish my hair and then pack those things so I can weigh my suitcase. I think I'm going to weigh it on the Wii balance board. I'll create a Mii for it and...well, really I need to close this down and finish up. I'm sure my kids are thinking (if they are reading this) "Mom, you're such a dork!"
I'll try to post every once in a while from my iphone. We'll see how that goes.
11:30: Cheerio!
No comments:
Post a Comment