I've been home from my New England trip for nearly a week and today was the first time I went to the grocery store. And I only spent $120...which I think is pretty good considering it's been three weeks since my last grocery shopping trip.
On that last trip I was trying to get stuff that would be easy for Wayne to make for himself, although I knew that with the three daughters and their families nearby he wouldn't starve. As it is, he never eats breakfast...at least not at home. I think he rarely has more than coffee on his early morning forays into town. I never know if he will show up at lunch, therefore I don't plan for him to be here. If he does show up, he will make himself a sandwich, or have cereal or peanut butter & crackers...he's not fussy, thank goodness! I may or may not cook dinner. If I know he has a meeting, I probably won't. Sometimes I plan ahead a few days, other times I just make what I call a "miracle meal." I can always find something to cook, even if it looks like the cupboard's bare...as if! I bought lots of veggies and made myself a big salad for lunch. I got home right about 1 PM and Wayne wasn't here, so maybe he ate in town. If he eats lunch in town, I figure I'm off the hook for a big dinner.
My plan, as of now, is to make a meatloaf for dinner. That could change, depending on how long I spend messing around on the computer. When I came upstairs and turned it on, I planned on working in Quicken for about an hour and then going down to start dinner. That hasn't really happened.
First, I checked emails and sent one or two. That probably took 20 minutes or so. Then I started checking on blogs that I look at every day....(Cousin J...please, don't get him fancy socks, even to wear just at home...it's just one of those little unfair things that he'll need to deal with...just as Sis will probably have to deal with things that don't seem fair to her. When Wendy was in 4th grade, she was wearing boys knee high socks for the school picture. Since she was one of the smallest in the class she was in the first row. Those long white socks with the two or three narrow bands of color (that scream "BOYS SOCKS") make me shudder. What was I thinking? I had to buy them for her. Surely they made girls knee socks. Let him have superhero underpants instead.) Once I start checking blogs, I often feel the need to comment on them or post on my own. So, that's where I am now.
But just before I started on the blogs I remembered there was something I haven't done in a while...look on Facebook. I had forgotten all about that activity. Facebook reminds me of a soap opera. It never really changes much, so you don't have to check in everyday. But, it's been well over a week, I think, since the last time I looked in and that's where I'm going now. Can you say, "killing time?"
No comments:
Post a Comment