We did some shopping while half the group went sailing. I found Wayne a warm cap that looks pretty goofy, but will be really warm. I have a photo of me wearing the hat, but I've already used the picture of me and Carole with the bear. We look like we are helping an invalid down the road.
After shopping, it was our turn to board the schooner. The captain and his wife built the East Wind themselves and first launched it about ten years ago. It was about the sixth boat they've built.
We motored out a little way and then got under sail. I'm trying to sound nautical...bear with me. We sailed out toward a lighthouse and then came about and headed back in. Herb and Doris provided slickers for everyone...it was a bit cool and overcast when we left the dock, but then it suddenly cleared up and we had sunshine and blue skies for the first time since we left Texas!
After the sail, you can probably guess what we did next. What else? We had a wonderful lunch including, you guessed it...lobster!
Then it was back to the motor coach and on to our next stop...the botanical garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment