Saturday, October 2, 2010

Slacker

Dee and I are heading to Houston tomorrow where we'll be spending the night at a hotel near the airport.  Then we fly out of Intercontinental on Sunday, arriving in Boston by late afternoon.  We'll meet up with Carole and Wanda either at Logan Airport or at the hotel.  And then we'll be doing a Fall Foliage tour until October 14.

We booked this trip early in March.  So, I should be ready...right?

Instead, here it is, 10 PM and I'm watching television, entering credit card receipts in Quicken, drinking decaf and eating malted milk balls.  My suitcase has nothing in it, although there are a few items nearby.  I have a way to go to be ready to zip up the luggage.  And I just remembered that I was going to do a load of laundry.  So, I guess I'd better go get it started.

11 PM:  Okay, got the laundry going and took the labels off some socks I bought at Walgreen's this morning.  Interesting how many things I had to take off socks that I'm pretty sure were not very costly.  So, I'm back in the recliner, watching The Mentalist.  I keep having to rewind it.  Whoops!  I just remembered I turned on the iron to press out some creases in some tops I'm taking.  Seems silly to iron them and then fold...or roll them up and put them in the suitcase, doesn't it?  Still nothing in the suitcase.

11:30:  Tops ironed.  Still don't know why I did it.  I guess so my roomie will think the wrinkles are from being packed, not because they're brand new and not laundered.  You never know what will happen in the wash and they look (and fit) really nice now.  More stuff near the suitcase...nothing in it yet.  I'm actually bringing a small container of mustard.  I figure with the excess walking I'll be doing...in new Skechers...yes!  I did buy some new stuff...I'm bound to get some leg cramps and mustard is a quick cure for that.  You swallow it...about a teaspoon.  If the cramp doesn't go away within 10 seconds, you might need another teaspoonful.  It works!

11:45:  I can probably go put the clothes in the dryer now.  Moving right along!

2:24 AM:  I'll just have to get up and pack in the morning.  We're not leaving until about 1:00.  No problemo!  Geez...I'm really a slacker.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wave down at us as you flyover! We're just under 3 hours from Boston, or probably about 45 minutes as the plane flies. Enjoy your foliage tour! The trees are just turning here, so MA should be gorgeous.

Susan said...

I wish we could visit you. I did look a couple of months ago to see if a day trip was a possibility since we are actually going to be in Boston about 24 hours earlier than we really need to be. But, alas, a 6 hour round trip was just a bit much with all the time we're going to be spending on the tour bus. It's a shame to be so close and not be able to connect.