This morning I had three strong convictions (not the right word, but neither is any other word I've toyed with) form in my brain:
1) I have 14 days to get my house de-cluttered and put ready to receive my cousin Judy and her husband David (from California...via Austin) who will be visiting for a few days.
2) It will take me the rest of my life (probably) to de-clutter my house.
3) I'll call Virgie and chat a while. (Our chats usually last a minimum of 30-45 minutes. The urge to call her came immediately after I told myself, "Please get busy and don't mess around today!")
Thank goodness the cleaning ladies have been here twice now. True...the first time they didn't get everything done that I hope will become part of the routine. They (mother and daughter) were here for 3 1/2 hours the first time and cleaned floors and bathrooms. There was no time for dusting that time. The second time they were here was while I was on my trip and, I really have been too tired to even look. I did a quick sashay around the house just now and it looks like some things were dusted while others were not.
My cousin Judy tells people an elderly couple cleans their house. She and David do it themselves every week. David does upstairs and Judy does the downstairs. David made out like a bandit on that one! To the best of my recollection upstairs has a sitting room, master bedroom and master bath. Downstairs has 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, living room, den, dining room, laundry room, kitchen and breakfast room. And it's all very nice...no clutter, no dust. I'm so envious!
Virgie wasn't home, so I was saved from my own bad self. However, instead of doing anything too constructive, here I am on the internet. I did make a call to the credit card company opting out of an offer and I have gone through some mail and shredded a few things, so I guess I'm not totally messing around. If only I could get back in my cleaning mode from earlier this year.
And now I'll reconcile some bank accounts...so, I'm on the right track, I guess.
I've been reading Pillars of the Earth on my Kindle, so I have to set aside some "reward" time for that, too. I've rewarded myself with about an hour and a half of reading so far today and I've only been up for 3 1/2 hours. The other two hours were used constructively, planning the things I "could" do, such as mowing the yard, going to the grocery store, wrapping some Christmas gifts that are in bags & boxes.
Onward!
5 comments:
Epiphanies?
(visual verification word "pretihi": what you are after drinking a whole bottle of wine all by yourself)
Well, that's not exactly what I was going for. Edict is closer...although I can't say I am very consistent about always following roles I set for myself.
Love your definition...sounds spot on!!!
Oops! That was supposed to be rules...not roles.
Freudian slip? Actually, thinking about rules vs. roles, provocative similarities, rules for roles, roles for rules.
( vvw "talay" definition: to do something immediately without procrastination; opposite of "delay"; rarely used because who does that?)
I love your vvw definitions!
Post a Comment